Top 10 movies, top 10 songs, even top 10 foods of 2015; apparently there’s no way to end a year without a top 10 list. And so, we at TTI/Vanguard have succumbed.
Assuming no one spikes the eggnog, we’ll be back with a regular newsletter on January 8. In the meantime, re-watch these talks in the archive; let us know any other lessons you took away from our 2015 meetings; and have a Happy New Year!
—The TTI/Vanguard Team
10 Things We Learned in 2015
1. Nanotubes are getting real
2. Bio-manufacturing is here
3. The blockchain is a new form of networking, distribution, and authentication
4. Video is a new trove of data and understanding
5. There’s a virtuous cycle to big data, supercomputer simulation, and 3-D modeling/verification
6. 3-D printing doesn’t stop at the desktop
7. On beyond Google
8. The promise of energy-efficient fusion—no, really, this time might be it!
9. Lasers will be everywhere—inside cells, in lighting and opto-electronics, and eventually aerospace
10. Innovation can be orchestrated, but true creativity often cannot
The TTI/Vanguard Team