By 2028, members of Generation X will be eligible for Social Security, and more than half of iGen (aka Generation Z) will be in the workforce. New cars will be electric and will drive themselves. Moore’s Law will have come to an end although progress in 6G connectivity and machine learning will make it look like we’re still doubling computing performance. The first diseases will have fallen to CRISPR and other gene therapies, albeit with disturbing hints of unintended consequences. Amazon will still dominate retail, so much so that it has to defend itself in an anti-trust suit.
The past two year’s worth of [next] agendas have included talks on these topics, as well as crypto-currencies, mass customization, the economics of climate change, hypermodern farming, and the future of economic mobility.
Hotel Reservation Deadline
November 12, 2019
TTI/Vanguard Group Hotel Rate
TTI/Vanguard has arranged a discounted block of room s for USD$279 ++ per night at the Hotel Nikko.
Please call the hotel's reservation department at +1.415.394.1111 or Global Reservations at +1.800.248.3308. Please identify yourself as part of the TTI/Vanguard Group to receive our group rate.
U.S. Government Attendees
You will receive a special link in your conference registration confirmation to make a government rate reservation directly through the hotel’s website. We are unable to provide the link without an approved registration. This rate is valid through November 12 or until the government room block fills, whichever comes first. Reservations made after that date are on a space available basis. We recommend booking your room early! If you have any questions, please contact the meeting planner, Robin Lockett at +1 310.394.8305, ext. 245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The group rate is available through November 12, 2019, and is subject to availability.
• The rate does not include taxes or additional charges that may apply.
• Check-in time: 3:00 pm
• Check-out time: 11:00 am
• All changes/cancellations to hotel reservations are responsibility of the attendee. TTI/Vanguard is unable to make these changes on your behalf.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is located 14 miles/23 km from the hotel.
• Taxi: Approximately USD$50 one-way.
• BART (train): USD$9.65 one-way. Take the airport Skytrain to the BART Station. Any northbound train will stop at Powell Station, walk up Powell Street three blocks to O’Farrell Street and then turn left a half block to the Hotel Nikko O’Farrell Street entrance.
Oakland International Airport (OAK) is located 19 miles/31 km from the hotel.
• Taxi: Approximately USD$65 one-way.
• BART (train): USD$10.95 one-way. Take Air-BART shuttle to Oakland Airport/Coliseum BART station, transfer to any west bound train, which all stop at Powell Station. Walk up Powell Street three blocks to O’Farrell Street and then turn left a half block to the Hotel Nikko O’Farrell Street entrance.
TTI/Vanguard gladly welcomes your guest/spouse to any of our reception/dinner functions. Guests/spouses may attend breakfasts but only after the conference has begun (8:30 am–9:30 am). Please note: Guests/spouses cannot be accommodated inside our conferences, workshops, on field trips, or at our working breakfasts and lunches.
Dress for TTI/Vanguard conferences is business casual.
Wireless Internet connectivity will be provided during the meeting.