“Blockchain is the most important new technology of the day.”
“Blockchain is just another database structure, and not a great one at that.”
“Blockchain isn’t even a database, it’s a network.”
It’s time for TTI/Vanguard to collectively sort out all the competing claims being made about blockchain, and find out today’s truth about it.
Once again, TTI/Vanguard is honored to have one of our Washington, D.C.-area members hosting us for a field trip. At the University of Maryland, we will visit four research facilities:
- The Space Systems Lab’s Neutral Buoyancy Research Facility, which houses a 50'-diameter, 25'-deep neutral buoyancy tank, is one of two such facilities in the country and the only one worldwide sited at a university. We’ll stay dry while learning about astronaut enclosure and space robotics research.
- The Augmentarium, UMD’s AR/VR research facility—with its 64-camera motion-capture array, headsets, and large-scale displays—explores strategies for immersive training in lifesaving procedures, language learning, and as a therapy to distract from pain.
- The Robert E. Fischell Institute for Biomedical Devices has 3-D-printing technologies as one of its many capabilities, with printers fabricating implants from stainless steel, flexible plastics, and cell-infused materials, as well as the on-premises generation of bespoke orthodontic braces or casts for broken limbs.
- The Center for Advanced Transportation Technology Lab concentrates on the analysis of ground transportation data and is the largest such effort nationally with more than 7.5B unique measurements ingested every day. We will learn how the lab uses the data it collects and its graphics capabilities to follow an incident from the 9-1-1 call onwards, tracking the arrival of emergency vehicles, residual bottleneck traffic, and resultant activity at the trauma center.
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
12:45 PM–4:30 PM
(not including travel time)
Hotel Reservation Deadline
August 5, 2019
TTI/Vanguard Group Hotel Rate
TTI/Vanguard has arranged a discounted block of rooms for USD$329 ++ per night at the Mandarin Oriental.
CLICK HERE for TTI/Vanguard’s group rate at the Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.. No group code required.
Please call the hotel's reservation department at +1.202.787.6140. Please identify yourself as part of the TTI/Vanguard Group to receive our group rate.
U.S. Government Attendees
To receive the government rate and to guarantee your reservation, please contact Robin Lockett with your check-in and check-out dates. Robin can be reached at +1 310.394.8305, ext. 245 or email@example.com. This rate is valid through August 5 or until the government room block fills, whichever comes first. Reservations made after that date are on a space available basis. We recommend booking your room early!
• The group rate is available through August 5, 2019, and is subject to availability.
• The rate does not include taxes, the resort fee or additional charges that may apply.
• Check-in time: 3:00 pm
• Check-out time: 12:00 pm
• All changes/cancellations to hotel reservations are responsibility of the attendee. TTI/Vanguard is unable to make these changes on your behalf.
There are 3 airports you can fly into, listed in order of closest to furthest from hotel:
Reagan National Airport (DCA) is 4 miles/6 km from the hotel.
• Taxi: Approximately USD$20 one-way.
• Metrorail: USD$2.00 one-way; take the blue line to the Smithsonian Station, then walk 0.3 of a mile to the hotel.
Dulles International Airport (IAD) is 27 miles/43 km from the hotel.
• Taxi: Approximately USD$75 one-way.
• Metrorail: USD$2.00 one-way; take the blue line to D St @ 7th St SW, then walk 0.4 of a mile to the hotel.
Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI) is 35 miles/56 km from the hotel.
• Taxi: Approximately USD$85 one-way.
Supershuttle is also available from each airport. One-way rates range from USDx$19–$44. This is a shared ride and requires advance reservation. For reservations, click on Supershuttle or call +1 800.258.3826.
TTI/Vanguard gladly welcomes your guest/spouse to any of our reception/dinner functions. Guests/spouses may attend breakfasts but only after the conference has begun (8:30 am–9:30 am). Please note: Guests/spouses cannot be accommodated inside our conferences, workshops, on field trips, or at our working breakfasts and lunches.
Dress for TTI/Vanguard conferences is business casual.
Wireless Internet connectivity will be provided during the meeting.